Submit a Service Request or Issue

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City of El Cajon places a high priority on providing high quality customer service to its citizens and addressing issues in a prompt manner. This is not intended for emergency requests.  So, if this is a life-threatening or after-hours emergency, please call 9-1-1.

If you would like to make a service request or report an issue that you have, please utilize the City's online program by logging in below.    

Once logged in, select the appropriate category/topic and fill out the form completely. Once you submit, it will be routed to the City of El Cajon staff.

Information will be verified and you should be contacted within a timely manner to advise you of the status. Many of your concerns, such as pot hole and sidewalk repairs, are repaired within 48 hours of notification. 


Water leaks should be reported to the following:

  • Fire hydrants leaking:

    • Helix Water District (619) 466-0585
  • Irrigation leaks:

    Call your appropriate water company:
    • Helix Water District (619) 466-0585
    • Padre Municipal Water District (619) 448-3111

For SEWER OVERFLOWS please call: (619) 441-1658 during business hours or for after-hour SEWER EMERGENCY ONLY, call (619) 579-3311

Code Compliance can also be contacted by phone at (619) 441-1742.

Please click on the categories and topics below to find information about common problems. If you do not find the answer to your issue, please log in or register to make a new service request.