As an El Cajon resident, you have the advantage of a Retired Senior Volunteer Patrol (RSVP) program in your city. The El Cajon Police Department’s Retired Senior Volunteer Patrol is pleased to offer a free “Vacation Home Check Program” to the citizens of El Cajon.
Trained RSVP volunteers will perform a thorough inspection of your property (M-F) while you are away. This inspection includes a perimeter check, physical and/or visual check of all the doors and windows, verification of vehicles left on the property, and verification of any person(s) found on the property. Anything suspicious in nature will be reported and you or your emergency contact will be notified.
Exterior areas of your home that are not accessible will not be checked. RSVP members will not feed pets, water lawns/gardens, or collect mail and/or newspapers. It is important to note that a Vacation Home Check pursuant to this program does not guarantee the safety or security of your property, nor does it mean the El Cajon Police Department is in any way responsible for the property in your absence.
Application/Authorization Forms are available online or at the El Cajon Police Department, 100 Civic Center Way, El Cajon, CA 92020. Signed Application/Authorization Forms can be returned to the El Cajon Police Department via mail, fax, or e-mail. Please refer to the Application/Authorization Form for detailed instructions. A minimum of 72-hour notice of your departure is required.
Before you leave home, please keep in mind the following crime prevention suggestions:
- Keep shades and blinds in their normal positions.
- Stop mail and newspapers or ask a trusted neighbor to retrieve them daily.
- Put timers on several household lights so they turn on and off at appropriate times of the day/night.
- Arrange to have yard work done while you are away.
- Make sure all your door and window locks are functioning and locked before you leave.
- Activate your home alarm if you have one.
- Leave a radio on with low volume or put it on a timer.
- Turn off or lower the volume of your phone ringer and answering machine.
You can submit your form in the following ways:
|Mail:||Email : email@example.com|
100 Civic Center Way
Fax: (619) 593-5784