This system allows you to submit a crime report for the following types of incidents:
- Vehicle Burglary
- Lost or Stolen Plates
- Lost Passports
For all other crimes call the El Cajon Police Department at 619-579-3311 to talk to a dispatcher.
Before submitting a crime report, please confirm that ALL of the following conditions are true:
- This is NOT an emergency
- The incident occurred within the city limits of El Cajon, California. (If you are unsure, please call us at 619-579-3311 to confirm)
- There are no known suspects
- This did not occur on a state freeway
- There is no evidence that could lead to the identification of a suspect (i.e. fingerprints, video, etc.)
- This is NOT a vehicle theft
- The theft DOES NOT include the use of stolen credit cards or identity theft.
If you can answer, “YES” to all of the items, then you are ready to submit your report.
NOTE – The majority of reports that are rejected are due to the crime occurring outside of the city limits of El Cajon or the existence of a known suspect. Please review the above conditions.
***CAUTION*** Filing a false police report is a crime ***CAUTION***
- A valid email address is required to submit a report.
- Your IP address will be recorded with your report to prevent fraud.
- You will be guided through the reporting process, step by step.
- Your report is NOT submitted until the "Complete Report" button is selected at the end of the process.
- You will be given a temporary Report ID number. You will not receive a Case Number until your submitted report is approved.
- If your report is approved, you will receive an email with the Case Number.
- You may be contacted by phone with additional questions. Please provide a phone number you will answer or where a message can be left at.
- If your report is rejected, you will receive an email. This email may direct you to another agency, or another resource. You may also be give changes to make in your submitted report, prior to resubmitting it.
- Always print your report.
Once complete, a new window will open and show you a printable copy of your submitted report, which will show your temporary report # (you may need to disable any “pop-up blockers”)
Your report will be entered as “PENDING” and a police officer will review the reports online daily to make sure they meet the specifications of the program.
Reports not meeting the established criteria will not be accepted. Instead, the reporting party will be notified by email and provided with the appropriate manner in which to proceed.
If you have already submitted a report you can look it up here for review. For security purposes, you will need the exact identification information you submitted with your report.
If you are having problems filing your online report or have questions regarding online reports please call 619-593-5700 Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. After hours please leave a message and you will be called back during business hours.